Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Support / This forum doesn't work with https
« Last post by Chatter on Today at 08:41:42 AM »
While shoutboxes do work with https, this support forum doesn't.
(I have to keep turning off the requirement for https whenever I come here, and then back on.)
Can this be fixed?
Support / Re: Can we post images in the shoutbox?
« Last post by Chatter on Today at 08:38:49 AM »
I, too, am interested in a way to display pictures that embedded links point to.  Same for videos.
(I'm looking for features that our outgoing service had, so if they could do it, you probably can too.)  Again, this should only be enabled by the admin.
One more question - and I'll probably be done for a while:

Can admins approve registrations?  In other words, nre registrants can't post unless/until the moderator approves them.
(I skimmed the features list and didn't see it.)

iShoutbox + Chat4all Shout support and bugs / Re: Use return key to post
« Last post by Chatter on Today at 01:34:08 AM »
I hear that you find it annoying, and what you described can still happen to me if I'm not careful.  But I just copy the shout, delete it, paste it into a new shout, add new lines/paragraphs to it it, and re-post it.
Most of the time I get frustrated when the return key doesn't send, since this is the way a lot of other chats, shouts, Skype, etc, all use the return key as an enter key in this situation, and a modifier key (option for some, shift for Skype and most others so probably shift-return would be preferable to make newlines).  Perhaps it could be admin-configurable "Use return key to: (a ) Send, or (b ) Add a new line.
>- Can we have a periodic announcement, say every 4 hours?
>
>No. How would that work? Do you mean it shows a specific shout at the top (like a sticky/pinned shout) at certain time intervals?

It doesn't have to be sticky, just needs to appear every 3 or 4 hours and then go into the shout stream.
Just to clarify - are you saying that any registered user can see the archives, but only admins can search them?
- Can users see the list of who's currently online?

No, but it is on the todo list.

- Can we change the font to something else?

In the adminpanel you can use the "Skin preferences" to change the font type and font size of several element types.

- Can we have a periodic announcement, say every 4 hours?

No. How would that work? Do you mean it shows a specific shout at the top (like a sticky/pinned shout) at certain time intervals?
iShoutbox + Chat4all Shout support and bugs / Re: Another question - older shouts
« Last post by Adonix on May 22, 2018, 11:44:22 AM »
There is an "options" link with at the top of the shoutbox. When you click on that, you are presented with options to login, register on the shoutbox, pop-out the shoutbox, and show the shout archive. For people who are already logged in, clicking on the green arrow will show a list of icons representing options.

Searching through shouts is available in the moderation and admin panels.
iShoutbox + Chat4all Shout support and bugs / Another question - older shouts
« Last post by Chatter on May 22, 2018, 08:30:18 AM »
How can I see older shouts?
In the service we're switching from, there was an "older shouts" link at the bottom which opens up a tall window, a little wider than the embedded shoutbox, thay wouls allow us to see past shouts.
Also, is there a way to search through earlier shouts?

Hi, Thanks so much for the responses.  It looks like our group may be moving to ishoutbox this weekend!

- Can users see the list of who's currently online?

- Can we change the font to something else?

- Can we have a periodic announcement, say every 4 hours?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10