Author Topic: iOS Mobile device  (Read 8631 times)

Offline allyours

• All Yours Chat
iOS Mobile device
« on: October 01, 2011, 06:35:07 AM »
Just noticed all the updates that were dome 10-1-11. Not sure what update has caused this but on my iOS mobile device (iPod4) much like an iPhone when I load either of my two sites with different iShoutbox accounts it wants to expand indefinitely horizontally. I use the HTML iframe. As far as I can tell, the only problem is using my mobile device.

:)

EDIT:
Just tried the <myshoutboxname>.isb.me link and it reacts the same way.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 06:52:03 AM by allyours »

Where friends make new friends

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
Re: iOS Mobile device
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 03:48:18 PM »
Hmm that is strange. I have seen that expanding thing before while messing with the JS code that checks the size of the ishoutbox and adjusts the form fields accordingly. It expands indefinately asif in a loop. I dont think anything has changed in the JS code on that new version. The layout change in the form itself was aesthetical. You could, as a test change, in teh adminpanel, the option that sets a 'single line text field'.. that is somewhere near the bottom of the settings page. That basically still has the old layout. Maybe you can check that to see if it is not the ayout that caused it?

Too bad i dont have such mobile device here or a way to test it. What browser does that device use?

isb.me is exactly the same software, only a shorter domain, so it wouldnt make a difference.

Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline allyours

• All Yours Chat
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 05:14:11 PM »
Changing the setting to single line didn't make any difference. The iOS devices for the most part use Safari by default browser. I haven't taken a look on my laptop using Safari yet but will.
My page gets a done but with errors (IE8) too.
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; eSobiSubscriber 2.0.4.16; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 15:09:52 UTC

Line: 31
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://allyourschat.ishoutbox.com/

Offline allyours

• All Yours Chat
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 06:00:19 PM »
Safari on my lptop works fine.

It must be some setting I have on loading mine (allyourschat) and your demo (ishoutbox) on the isb.me with my iPod yours works fine but mine still expands. Using the isb.me mine also shows the same error in IE8 and yours doesn't. When I get back from work I may try taking out all my custom header codes.

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 06:19:15 PM »
The JS error you receive is caused by your skin not having set the scrollbar colour value. I'll add a check for that so that this specifi JS error will be gone.

I added this piece of scrollbar colour JS because this new shoutbox version is using a different document header (XHTML), which was necessary because of the new CSS stuff (smilies in message field, del/edit buttons on mouseover, etc). This document header no longer supports CSS scrollbar colouring in IE, and the JS fixes that :)
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 02:42:12 AM »
Okay, i built in a check that first checks if the colour code for scrollbar is entered in the skin, then if 'shouts in iframe' is on and if the browser is IE (since coloured scrollbars only work in IE). You should no longer get that specific javascript error :)

The above probably does not fix the indefinite width of the shoutbox problem you are having on your ipod.

I did find an issue with opera mobile on shoutboxes with the 'alternative form layout'  such as we have on our demo box, and boxes that do not show the top bar. The issue there was that the width of the form fields or the screen or the box is not calculated the same way as on a regular comp (at least on my windows mobile), which causes the form fields not to be correctly placed. Solved that by increasing the whitespace (shortening the form fields) on opera mobile. Maybe the issue you are having is caused by a related issue. If you know the "user agent" your ipod browser sends, i can add that one to the checking script so you can test it with that. I dont understand why it used to work and now suddenly it no longer does, because the js code that formats the fields is basically the same apart from a few whitespace values.

The thing is that i have limited means to check what the shoutbox does on different mobile devices. I had someone check with an iphone, a tablet Android and a safari, which seems to work. Ideally i would like to check a few more mobile browsers such as Nintendo DS(i).

EDIT: you can also temporarily try to set the shoutbox width to 100% and see what that does. Also, if you like we can have a testing session sometime where i change certain things and you can test it right away.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 02:54:07 AM by Adonis »
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Radioyet

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 03:43:07 AM »
Hallo Friends!! I come from Germany and ai use the Ishoutbox on my Greek Radiostation www.radioyet.de  I have the same problem with ALLYOURS in my Iphone homepage... If you have a Iphone you will see that the Shoutbog goes to be bigger und bigger...The dont stop to expand indefinitely horizontally!!! When i am loget in with my Nick Name then the problem goes away and its all rigth!!  :eek: :eek: :eek: The problem exists not only on my Iphone but to  all the other new Iphones with Safari Browsers..r. I heve the Iphone 3gs ..I must tell you that for me is  Ishoutbox  the Best!It's just wonderful and we have around to 600 messages every night.The listeners love it and find it a fungible.The problem ist that i cant tell to my Listeners that they must change  their Mobile Phone or choose another Browser....I think that a radio station needs one Shoutbox that will work well wιith any new Mobbile devise.Maby you can do something and you can help us... If you want to try and see the Problem , please go  with a Iphone Devise to the Adress www.radioyet.de and then you will see what hapens....  Many Thanks for your help and Greetings from our Greek Radio !! Chris the Yet!  :bye: :bye: :bye: :) :) :)

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 04:10:56 AM »
Hi,

I just sent you a pm (forum private message) about this. :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:21:41 AM by Adonis »
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Radioyet

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 11:46:07 AM »
Hello Adonis... Ihave tryet our shoutbocx on a Ios device Apple IPAD 2012 and IPHONE 4,  and i have again  the same Problem... This means that the shoutbox goes always biger and biger... The same Problem as then...I can not stop this process and i can not make Login...  I use this Code..  <iframe src="http://www.ishoutbox.com/p?u=RADIOYET" valign="middle" align="right" frameborder="0" height="892" width="330"></iframe>   or  <iframe src="https://radioyet.ishoutbox.com" width="330" height="892" frameborder="0" valign="middle"></iframe>  My webapp Link  is :  http://ibuildapp.com/web-Radioyet+Live      and the direct Link is :  http://radioyet.de/inden.html    Can you help??  Thank you very much and....Many Greetings from Germany.... Chris...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:32:37 PM by Radioyet »

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 05:23:16 PM »
We (you and i) solved this back in april. Well it was not a real solution, but a detection of Apple device, and when an Apple device is found, all formfields are made shorter in proportion to the font size. But as i told you back then, these changes are only located on the SSL version of isb.me. I was going to improve it a bit, and then roll it out on all other shoutbox domains, but a final (very different) solution will be implemented at the next update.

The javascript resizer is the cause of the infinitly expanding shoutbox problem, or really the Apple browser on mobile devices is, because the formfields are slightly larger there, which causes the javascript resizer to not understand it anymore. The next shoutbox update will get rid of the javascript resizer that automatically resizes the form fields (thanks to one of my chat4all colleagues) by moving everything from the form inside <div>'s. This will be completed soon, and it will be rolled out along with the other new and improved shoutbox features. Hopefully soon :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 05:24:51 PM by Adonis »
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Radioyet

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 06:19:25 PM »
Thank you very much Adonis!!! We will wait the Udate..! Greetings...and thank you for the BEST SHOUTBOX SERVICE! Chris!

Offline allyours

• All Yours Chat
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 07:34:17 AM »
We (you and i) solved this back in april. Well it was not a real solution, but a detection of Apple device, and when an Apple device is found, all formfields are made shorter in proportion to the font size. But as i told you back then, these changes are only located on the SSL version of isb.me. I was going to improve it a bit, and then roll it out on all other shoutbox domains, but a final (very different) solution will be implemented at the next update.

The javascript resizer is the cause of the infinitly expanding shoutbox problem, or really the Apple browser on mobile devices is, because the formfields are slightly larger there, which causes the javascript resizer to not understand it anymore. The next shoutbox update will get rid of the javascript resizer that automatically resizes the form fields (thanks to one of my chat4all colleagues) by moving everything from the form inside <div>'s. This will be completed soon, and it will be rolled out along with the other new and improved shoutbox features. Hopefully soon :)
:)