Author Topic: Press Enter to Shout on iShoutbox  (Read 7672 times)

Offline papabear

• Bear, Diah and Pasha
Press Enter to Shout on iShoutbox
« on: January 23, 2011, 07:01:25 AM »
Hi there,

One of my fellow bloggers using the iShoutbox have this request. He wants to press Enter instead of clicking the Shout button to shout. I understand his needs coming from a previous user of Shoutmix and CBox. The way I look at it, if possible, this could be made as an option rather than a fixed function. The reason is that there are people out there who need the enter function in the shout form to separate sentences as it currently is.

So, let me know whether it is possible to have such option. Thanks in advance sir!

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
Re: Press Enter to Shout on iShoutbox
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 12:26:07 PM »
It would be possible by replacing the html form element "textarea" with a regular text input field. I will look into it. :)
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline papabear

• Bear, Diah and Pasha
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 05:13:53 PM »
Thanks Adonis :)

Offline allyours

• All Yours Chat
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 09:34:27 PM »
Unless I'm missing something here? Is this practical? As it is now pressing Enter starts a new line break much the same as in HTML <br>. This is something many would still like to be able to do.

Where friends make new friends

Offline FiXato

• Co-Net-Administrator of Chat4All IRC Network
  • Administrator
  • Dutch Developer in between countries and jobs
    • FiXato.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 09:59:45 PM »
allyours: it could be an optional setting for shoutbox holders who prefer to have single-line shouts.

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 10:00:29 PM »
Unless I'm missing something here? Is this practical? As it is now pressing Enter starts a new line break much the same as in HTML <br>. This is something many would still like to be able to do.

I'd think so as well. My idea is that this would come from a need to use the shoutbox as a chatbox, eventhough it is not really practical or useful for that purpose. If i implement this, it would always be an option to turn on/off through the admin panel. :)
- Ovid Fasti

Offline allyours

• All Yours Chat
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 12:54:23 AM »

I'd think so as well. My idea is that this would come from a need to use the shoutbox as a chatbox, eventhough it is not really practical or useful for that purpose. If i implement this, it would always be an option to turn on/off through the admin panel. :)
OK, Thanks :)

Where friends make new friends

Offline papabear

• Bear, Diah and Pasha
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 10:34:31 AM »
hello there.

how's thing over there. hope that everything is good. just want to ask whether is there any update on the above request? hope to hear from you soon. thanks and have a nice day!

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 05:55:33 PM »
Hi :)

I didn't forget about it, and i will look at it after the coming update. This coming update proved to be a bit more work than i anticipated. It will allow and enforce all shoutboxes to load from its own subdomain, so i have to change quite a bit of elements in the code and make sure everything still works as it should. Lots of testing. But when done, every shoutbox will have an easy to remember and type in url.

- Ovid Fasti

Offline papabear

• Bear, Diah and Pasha
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 06:02:39 PM »
Hi :)

I didn't forget about it, and i will look at it after the coming update. This coming update proved to be a bit more work than i anticipated. It will allow and enforce all shoutboxes to load from its own subdomain, so i have to change quite a bit of elements in the code and make sure everything still works as it should. Lots of testing. But when done, every shoutbox will have an easy to remember and type in url.

Simply awesome! Thanks Adonis. Looking forward to the updates! Have a nice day!

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 01:31:20 PM »
Papabear, your feature request is done :) You can find it in your admin panel under 'settings', near the bottom where it says "Single line Message Field".
- Ovid Fasti

Offline papabear

• Bear, Diah and Pasha
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 06:10:18 AM »
Papabear, your feature request is done :) You can find it in your admin panel under 'settings', near the bottom where it says "Single line Message Field".

Thanks a lot Adonis. Will be testing this one out soon!  :wink: