Author Topic: Need to Open New Browser Tab for every URL click on the iShoutbox  (Read 3296 times)

Offline papabear

• Bear, Diah and Pasha
Currently, every time we clicked a URL on the iShoutbox, it will open a tab. However, clicking another URL will reload the same tab with the new site. Can we have an option to open a new tab for every new URL that we clicked. This is more practical when we need to visit multiple shouts in one go as well as a shout that contains multiple URLs.

Thanks!  :)

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
Re: Need to Open New Browser Tab for every URL click on the iShoutbox
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 07:24:20 PM »
Implemented :bling: Every click on a name with a website enabled, will now open a new tab or window.  Links in shouts will do that as well, but if a shout contains more than one link, those will all open in the same target window.

I fixed it by giving every link a unique target value. However, this does not work for shouts, as links are processd by preg_replace() in PHP. Using this function gives every occurrence of a link the exact same random value, and i haven't figured out a way around that. It may  be possible with javascript.

If someone reading this has an idea on how to give every link a unique number using javascript, let me know :)
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline papabear

• Bear, Diah and Pasha
Re: Need to Open New Browser Tab for every URL click on the iShoutbox
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 03:13:18 AM »
Thanks Adonis. To me what you have done is already great! Now it is already more convenient to return the visits by the visitors. I have a few friends who, have started using iShout, are very happy with this new ability. Keep it up sir!