Author Topic: Shoutbox update coming  (Read 4224 times)

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
Shoutbox update coming
« on: July 23, 2010, 02:50:06 PM »
In about 2 weeks, i will release an update to the iShoutbox system. Improvements will be:

- Visible ajax polling: Following 'complaints' by people who could not see the shoutbox updating, i have added an animation that is shown every time polling occurs. This feature can be turned on/off in the admin panel. You can also choose the colour of this animation in the admin panel.

- Avatar in sticky: An option to show the user avatar instead of the regular sticky icon. This ofcourse can also be turned on/off in the admin panel

- Show message below name: This option starts the shout one line directly below the name of the poster. This may look better on smaller shoutboxes, because the space is quite limited there.

- Skin submission: A system where shoutbox owners can submit their skins/themes to us, so we can offer it to everyone else. This would provide some more diversity. We are not the best in creating pleasing skins, so your help is always appreciated :)

Also, some tiny bugs/imperfections have been taken care of.

Do we need to add more to this update? Let us know :)

The above is all regarding the iShoutbox system. The Chat4all Shoutbox system still remains the same. I will post more info about the Chat4all Shout system after this update.
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline allyours

• All Yours Chat
Re: Shoutbox update coming
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 03:57:54 PM »
Excellent!

You already have my skin listed. :)

I love the iShoutbox and think it is a great improvement over the Chat4all. The migration was easier than  I expected. Since you've mentioned that there will be info posted on the Chat4all shoutbox, will those who haven't signed up for an iShoutbox be able to convert their Chat4all without the need to migrate? Whatever the answer is, I'm all set with the newer iShoutbox but just curious for those that are still using the Chat4all.

Where friends make new friends

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 05:19:33 AM »
I don't think it will be possible to convert, especially because the URL structure changed as well. I'll post both here and personally via e-mail to all chat4all shoutbox users when the time is there :)
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 08:38:49 PM »
The new update has been published. :) Some of the items are off by default.
- Ovid Fasti