Author Topic: 16-12-2009 - c4a.net, chat4all.us and shoutboxes  (Read 7120 times)

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
16-12-2009 - c4a.net, chat4all.us and shoutboxes
« on: December 16, 2009, 07:33:34 PM »
1. The USA server is now also directly reachable via irc.chat4all.us, as well as us.chat4all.org.

2. I have also made c4a.net an alias of chat4all.net. So everything that works off of chat4all.net (like the shoutboxes and the forum), can now also be accessed with a shorter URL :)

3. The long awaited new shoutbox version is finished. This new version will first be rolled out onto ishoutbox.com. The reason for this is that, since closing new registrations there last year and directing people to go to the chat4all shoutbox site, visitor rate has gone down there. This means that i will not be converting the data there, but make a fresh restart. The old boxes will continue to function as normal.

Also, the shoutboxes on xignashout.com will not be converted, for the same reason as the ishoutbox.com boxes. Visitor rate has gone down there. The old boxes will still function, but the main site will redirect to ishoutbox.com.

The chat4all shoutbox service data however will be converted to the new version. Since the conversion script is not finished yet, that site will move over at a later stage.

Details, including an extensive list of all new features, will soon be posted. :)
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline FiXato

• Co-Net-Administrator of Chat4All IRC Network
  • Administrator
  • Dutch Developer in between countries and jobs
    • FiXato.co.uk
Re: 16-12-2009 - c4a.net, chat4all.us and shoutboxes
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 07:48:27 PM »
Nice domains ;)

Offline allyours

• All Yours Chat
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 06:58:27 PM »
3. The long awaited new shoutbox version is finished. This new version will first be rolled out onto ishoutbox.com. The reason for this is that, since closing new registrations there last year and directing people to go to the chat4all shoutbox site, visitor rate has gone down there. This means that i will not be converting the data there, but make a fresh restart. The old boxes will continue to function as normal.

Just so I'm clear on this. Our current existing chat4all shoutbox will not be updated to the new feature packed shoutbox?

If so having been a part of the beta testing should I:

1) Register for a new shoutbox account at ishoutbox?
2) Use the latest beta shoutbox that we were testing thus diminishing the customizing for a new account?
3) Wait for an official launch of the new shoutbox?

I thank you for the opportunity to help in the testing and bug detection for the new shoutbox. It's truly awesome. :)

The chat4all shoutbox service data however will be converted to the new version. Since the conversion script is not finished yet, that site will move over at a later stage.
Never mind. I need to learn to read 'completely'.  :P
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 07:11:59 PM by allyours »

Where friends make new friends

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 12:06:04 PM »
As you may have noticed, the new ishoutbox.com is not online yet. The reason for this is that i am adding one final feature, which allows for importing shoutbox data (shouts and maybe a bit of other data) from any of our existing 3 shoutbox sites. Basically you would register a new account, and may choose to import old data via the control panel.

Converting the c4a shoutbox shout database may infact prove to be impossible, because both the data and file structure have changed significantly. I am still looking into it.

- Ovid Fasti

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 12:50:38 PM »
I'm pleased to announce that the new iShoutbox version is finally online :) Check it out at http://www.ishoutbox.com  :P
- Ovid Fasti