Author Topic: Reset of scores?  (Read 5373 times)

Offline FiXato

• Co-Net-Administrator of Chat4All IRC Network
  • Administrator
  • Dutch Developer in between countries and jobs
    • FiXato.co.uk
Reset of scores?
« on: December 05, 2009, 10:28:47 AM »
As IdleRPG has been running for several years now, it is getting harder and harder for the veterans to level, and for the newbies to pick battles with people from their own levels.
Therefor I suggest a score-reset of IdleRPG which will be done in 2 weeks time if I don't get any compelling arguments as to why the reset should not occur.

Please also know that we are still looking for interesting quests and items to be added to the bot, so if you know some, find me on IRC and leave some suggestions in private (so the actual quests and items stay a surprise to the other players).

kind regards,

FiXato the Ainur

Offline FiXato

• Co-Net-Administrator of Chat4All IRC Network
  • Administrator
  • Dutch Developer in between countries and jobs
    • FiXato.co.uk
Re: Reset of scores?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 12:58:50 AM »
The Ainurs, aka the Gods, were angry with the incompetence of their followers and have thus cast everyone back into the Dark Ages; stripping everyone of their levels, items and giving them a clean penalty slate.

In other words, idleRPG has been reset so everyone can have a fresh start (so some players don't have to wait 999 days before they level...)

Also, don't forget you can change your alignment!
Changing Your Alignment
To change your alignment, simply:

/msg IdleRPG ALIGN <good|neutral|evil>
This is a p0 (see Penalties) command.

Your alignment can affect certain aspects of the game. You may align with good, neutral, or evil. 'Good' users have a 10% boost to their item sum for battles, and a 1/12 chance each day that they, along with a 'good' friend, will have the light of their god shine upon them, accelerating them 5-12% toward their next level. 'Evil' users have a 10% detriment to their item sum for battles (ever forsaken in their time of most need...), but have a 1/8 chance each day that they will either a) attempt to steal an item from a 'good' user (whom they cannot help but hate) or b) be forsaken (for 1-5% of their TTL) by their evil god. After all, we all know that crime doesn't pay. Also, 'good' users have only a 1/50 chance of landing a Critical Strike when battling, while 'evil' users (who always fight dirty) have a 1/20 chance. Neutral users haven't had anything changed, and all users start off as neutral.

I haven't run the numbers to see which alignment it is better to follow, so the stats for this feature may change in the future.