Author Topic: Pop up ad w/ embedded login applet  (Read 8905 times)

Offline allyours

• All Yours Chat
Pop up ad w/ embedded login applet
« on: June 19, 2009, 11:31:55 PM »
Is there a reason we are getting pop up ads when logging in with the embedded login applet? I have two chats. One hosted on a free web host the other on a premium. I might have discounted it if this were only on the free host but I get the pop up ads on both.

Where friends make new friends

Offline FiXato

• Co-Net-Administrator of Chat4All IRC Network
  • Administrator
  • Dutch Developer in between countries and jobs
    • FiXato.co.uk
Re: Pop up ad w/ embedded login applet
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 12:45:01 AM »
This sounds odd and unlikely to me. Could you give me a link so I can see where it comes from?

Offline allyours

• All Yours Chat
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 01:00:46 AM »
This sounds odd and unlikely to me. Could you give me a link so I can see where it comes from?
From our premium host HERE
From a free web host HERE

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 10:28:16 PM »
I'm not entirely sure, but it seems my webstats provider (which i have been using for the past 13 or so years for several sites) decided to sneakily feed popup/unders to people loading pages where the statistics are counted. They are the only 3rd party service i use on teh chat page, so only they can be responsible for this.

I'll immediately remove the stats code from the chat page. It's crazy really... ive been using them for years, and now they betray us like this.  :puke:

How long have you been seeing this?

Edit: the stats code has been removed. You should now no longer see the popups/unders. I'll be sure to give that stats site a piece of my mind for sure.  :uzi:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 10:39:16 PM by Adonis »
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline allyours

• All Yours Chat
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 03:15:51 AM »
I'm not entirely sure, but it seems my webstats provider (which i have been using for the past 13 or so years for several sites) decided to sneakily feed popup/unders to people loading pages where the statistics are counted. They are the only 3rd party service i use on teh chat page, so only they can be responsible for this.

I'll immediately remove the stats code from the chat page. It's crazy really... ive been using them for years, and now they betray us like this.  :puke:

How long have you been seeing this?

Edit: the stats code has been removed. You should now no longer see the popups/unders. I'll be sure to give that stats site a piece of my mind for sure.  :uzi:
Been seeing this for maybe a month or two. I had a feeling it was the stats monitoring. It also has been kind of hit and miss till the day I posted here about it. Then it seemed to be fairly regular.

No one else had noticed it? And thanks for taking care of it. :)