Author Topic: 24-01-2009 - Shoutbox ad placement  (Read 7980 times)

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
24-01-2009 - Shoutbox ad placement
« on: January 24, 2009, 08:01:39 AM »
As an experiment, i have added a very small hostgator ad to the bottom of the chat4all shoutboxes. Hostgator is a very large webhosting/server provider. The image is only 80x15 pixels, so it should not interfere with the design of any shoutbox. I hope this small ad poses no problem for any of our current shoutbox users.

If you have questions or remarks regarding this, or if you encounter any problems with this, then please let me know by replying to this post :)
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline allyours

• All Yours Chat
Re: 24-01-2009 - Shoutbox ad placement
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 07:08:38 AM »
As an experiment, i have added a very small hostgator ad to the bottom of the chat4all shoutboxes. Hostgator is a very large webhosting/server provider. The image is only 80x15 pixels, so it should not interfere with the design of any shoutbox. I hope this small ad poses no problem for any of our current shoutbox users.

If you have questions or remarks regarding this, or if you encounter any problems with this, then please let me know by replying to this post :)
Having been around. looking and searching for various services which include shoutbox it's extremely hard to find any that are ad free. Especially knowing the magnitude of expenses to offer such services and the cost of hosting them.

I find this ad most acceptable compared to what other services impose on their subscribers.

Kudos for offering this free service with a minimal advertising imposition. :)

Where friends make new friends