Author Topic: Will Someone Help a Middle-Aged Computer Illiterate?  (Read 6803 times)

Offline sec

Will Someone Help a Middle-Aged Computer Illiterate?
« on: September 02, 2007, 02:46:34 AM »
Can/will someone tell me whether or not the mIRC add-ons such as !trivia and !weather work on chat4all (of which I am now a proud member/user) and if they are, where to get them and how to install them? With Java it seems there are no add-ons available (I'm glad I left the Java only room behind) and with mIRC there are plenty of add-ons available if you are a combination of Steve Jobs (Apple), Bill Gates (Microsoft) and Khaled from mIRC. I know that I am asking for advice on a mIRC feature but I want to use it in my Jirc channel (sec-world on chat4all). Although I have been able to use Saya's great Manual to answer my questions thusfar...this one is not in there. Any and all help in this matter will be appreciative. It helps for me to keep visitors if I have something to entertain their minds...my wit is quite shallow and is exhausted after about 10 minutes! LOL Thank You!

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
Re: Will Someone Help a Middle-Aged Computer Illiterate?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 10:42:49 PM »
Well, you cannot use mIRC add-ons in Java, however people who use the java chatroom can utilize the features of such mIRC add-ons like Trivia. This means that also the javachat users can play trivia or other games offered by other members :)

I myself am a bit illiterate in the mIRC scripts department. Maybe someone else who reads this can point you to some good scripts.
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline sec

Thank You Adonis
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 10:54:14 PM »
Thank You Adonis sir...I like your network (chat4all)!!!

Offline Foxman

• The Incredible Chicken Hunter
  • IRCops
  • The Incredible Chicken Hunter
    • Chatkamer.com
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 11:31:01 PM »
Can/will someone tell me whether or not the mIRC add-ons such as !trivia and !weather work on chat4all (of which I am now a proud member/user)
and if they are, where to get them and how to install them?
Yes, you can use mIRC and there add-ons on the Chat4all IRC Network.
You can find many different of those on the internet using a searchengine like Google
mIRCScripts.com has a nice collection of mIRC add-ons and scripts.
You can even use them in your Jirc channel "Sec-World" on Chat4all.

I've no idea what add-on is good or better...
Here you can find a IRC Weather Add-on: IRC Weather 1.00
Here you can find a IRC Trivia Game: Tat's Trivia Script 3.5

I hope this information is helpful in anyway :)

Offline sec

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 04:24:32 AM »
Thank You Foxman...you have really been a big help!  :)