Author Topic: ShoutBox Question  (Read 5386 times)

Offline Most_Wanted

ShoutBox Question
« on: April 17, 2007, 02:05:46 AM »
on the top of the shoutbox it has

"19:54pm GMT-5
1 Online"

and now we have a few posts / shouts in it it still reads 1 online...is there anyway to
have it show all the members that shout or is it possible to have it tied into our member base so it see's who is making the shout

Thanks in advance

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
Re: ShoutBox Question
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 03:27:54 AM »
The "1 online" part only shows how many persons are currently browsing the page(s) the shoutbox is on. I must add that it's not entirely accurate. When someone leaves your site it may still show as a user online for a few minutes until it's cleaned up. Basically it only shows the number of persons online, and not the number of persons who posted a shout.

I have been working on a big update the past 4 months and that update will also include a complete membership system. Once i'm done with that update (soon i hope, but can't set a fixed date yet), i'm willing to see if that can be interfaced with a few popular forum applications.
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Most_Wanted

Re: ShoutBox Question
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 08:30:57 PM »
Thank-you very much for your quick response and comment.. looking forward to the update.

I do coding in php as well and if you need any assitance please feel free to ask