Author Topic: New and need help  (Read 5163 times)

Offline kimmy2112

New and need help
« on: February 13, 2007, 12:42:25 AM »
Hi! I have gotten my new shoutbox, but Im not too sure if my board supports it or not, and if it does, im not sure where to put it? my board address is coolmotas2.aceboard.com   thanks to anyone who can help

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
Re: New and need help
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 12:53:29 PM »
Hi Kimmy, There are many people who use our shoutbox service and place it on their forums. I see you are with a (free?) forum provider. Most of these providers allow full forum access, which includes modifying the template html codes. I don't know if your provider allows that, but if it does, then you will be able to add the shoutbox to your forum.

However, i can't tell you how to do it because i do not know what forum software they are using, and what they allow or not. You would have to ask them for this. Most people place their shoutbox below their forum, which in thie case may also be the best position.  But that is totally up to you.

I may add a new option to the shoutbox layout soon (for the next major upgrade) to make it more suitable for forums. Which basically means that the input section of the shoutbox does not necessarily have to be above or below the shout area, but can also be placed on the left, or right. Thus making the shoutbox wider, instead of longer. And this means it will look better on forums. I can't however say when that new version will be complete as it is a work in progress :)
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti