Author Topic: New features: 15-12-2006  (Read 11838 times)

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
New features: 15-12-2006
« on: December 15, 2006, 12:19:45 AM »
I have successfully upgraded both Xignashout.com and Shoutbox.chat4all.net with the long expected upgrades :) . The upgrades are listed below:

Shoutbox features:
  • Semi Unique ID's - This shows a unique ID in the shout tooltip. This ID is derived from the IP address, but can never be transformed back to an IP address, so it is safe. The chance of someone having the same ID is extremely small.
  • User Deletable shouts - Users are able to delete their own shouts for a definable timeperiod.
  • User Modify Shouts -  Users are able to modify their own shouts for a definable timeperiod.
  • New Post Icon - This shows an icon for new shouts for a predefined timeperiod.
  • New Post Icon tooltip info - This shows how long ago a shout was posted.
  • Error / Success messages - This shows error / success messages when deleting, modifying shouts.

Admin panel features:
  • Deletion/Modify time limit - Limits the time a shout can be modified/deleted by a user. (Default is 300sec)
  • Time Zone Offset - Now you can select your timezone offset. Old shouts have been converted as well.
  • Repost time limit- This new feature sets a timeout period after posting a new shout, to prevent spamming. (Default is 60 sec)
  • Show unique ID -  This new feature allows for disabling the Semi unique ID feature.
  • New Post Icon limit - This limits the duration for showing the New Post Icon. (Default is 21600sec or 6 hours)
  • Pagination for viewing shouts - This feature finally brings pagination to the admin panel when you view shouts there. For now, it will only be there but will be implemented in other locations as well. This speeds up things on that screen considerably.
  • Multiple Delete - This is in the view shouts pagination, and allows for selecting shouts to be deleted, which will then be deleted in one go... as opposed to how it is now when the list of shouts are being loaded every time you delete one. Deleted here means that shouts are moved to the Bin.
  • New Shout Icon - This opntion allows you to select the colour for your new shout icon. The colour currently in use is shown, as well as a link to a list of available icons.
  • Minimum Message Length - Here you can define the minimum length a message must be. (Default is 2 characters)
  • Message field height - This allows you to set the height of the Message Field. (Default is 2 rows)

I hope you will like these new features. There still is a lot to do, like bringing more pagination to the admin page. However, i could not let you wait any longer  :wink:

As always, don't hesitate to post a message here incase you find a bug or some other strange behaviour. I have tried my best to thoroughly test it, but some things can always sneak in.

I already found a minor bug  :shutup: :
When users modify a shout, and are past their allowed edit time, or remove the name or empty the message. An error box appears, which is good ofcourse, but the link at the bottom can be the same colour as the table so that that link is not visible. This is noted and will looked at later.
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
Re: New features: 15-12-2006
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 12:44:26 AM »
AllYours, you have a PM from me regarding Unique IDs :)
- Ovid Fasti

Offline allyours

• All Yours Chat
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 01:36:54 AM »
Adonis,
You have done an outstanding job with the new features. I can't say enough about how much better this box is with the new features. What few members of our staff have had a chance to use and see the new features are singing your praises as well.

I am sorry that some of the translations I requested didn't come through for us. If they come later I hope you can still use them. :)

Cheers  :D

Where friends make new friends

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 04:20:54 PM »
No problem :) I didnt have the time to add the translations in yesterdays upload, but they will be used. I have a finished list of words now, and i will post that this evening. I should have waited asking for translations until i had a more finalized list...  :frusty:

I forgot to mention it in my original post, but i give some of the praises to Saya, since she spent a lot of time creating/modifying the icons that we are using  :thumbs:
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 05:15:19 PM »
A bug was just found where the 2 new buttons don't work if the shoutbox name consists of more than one word. Registering shoutboxes with more than one word no longer is possible, however it still is a bug and needs to be solved for users who have these kind of shoutboxes.

EDIT: Bug solved... was a html problem :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 12:05:46 AM by Adonis »
- Ovid Fasti