Author Topic: Webchat update  (Read 15552 times)

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
Webchat update
« on: September 23, 2006, 06:19:54 PM »
The chat4all webchat has been updated to version 1.5.2. This was a minor update, which constitutes mostly of implementing a new version of jPilot and adding a few parameters.

However, the results of this update are quite significant, because this new jPilot version has a few exciting features that we know people have been asking for for some time now:

• Multiple channels (chatrooms) - As of this version, chatters can use multiple channels at the same time. So this means you no longer have to quit one channel in order to enter the next. All open channels are listed in the part of the screen where you also see the users. Only one channel can be active however, but if someone says something in a channel you have open, but which is not active, a star will flash behind it. To access that channel, simply click on it :)
  • Saving to clipboard - People have been asking us for years why it wasn't possible to save text. This new version of jpilot now has that option. Simply select the rows you want to copy, and you can copy it to the clipboard :)
  • Clicking on links - Now you can click on links without your chat window being overwritten. Clicking a link will now result in a new browser window opening.
  • DCC file transfer - It is now possible to transfer files between users by means of DCC. Users can do this by clicking on a user, and then use the right mouse button and select the file transfer option. This is a nice feature... however, caution is advised. Do not accept a file transfer unless you know and trust that person. Also, transferred files have their extension changed automatically, so you have to change back that file extension.

We hope you like these new features, which will hopefully enhance your chat experiences. Soon, work will start on creating a better code generator, since this one has aged a bit, and webmasters will have the option to further customize the chat window by changing more colours, and text sizes.
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline allyours

• All Yours Chat
Re: Webchat update
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 05:56:34 AM »
Adonis,
As your aware we also use another chat software. The new version of Sun Java just came out and I have installed it. Our particular version of chat will load with the new java Version 6 Update 1. A problem has arose that the font colors could not be changed in our chat software. I'm not recommending to the members of our chat to update their java. Normally we always tell them to have the latest version.

I decided to try the Chat4all applet to see if it affected the colors there. The applet loads and "almost" logs me in. Shows the welcome but pretty much stop there. No status, and no name logged in.

My current plan is to un-install the Version 6 Update 1 Sun Java and return to 5.11. Just thought this might be information you might want to know. A couple of us have already posted on the support site of the other software.

Where friends make new friends

Offline Petersth

• Click Singapore Horseracing Tips
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 06:58:15 AM »
I am having the same problem also for 2days already.Pls help.

Offline Petersth

• Click Singapore Horseracing Tips
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 08:51:28 AM »
When I return to 5.11 it works fine cheers.

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 07:01:17 PM »
Hmm strange... i'll investigate. It seems the new java update messes things up?
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 07:16:30 PM »
I just updated to 1.60 and indeed i too cannot connect to the server anymore. I wonder what's going on here  :shutup:

I'll mail the java applet author to see if he's aware of the problem.
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 07:57:02 PM »
It seems the jpilot author already fixed it a while ago. I just updated the applet software and i can confirm that it now works with java runtime version 6.  :hypocrite:

Thanks for alerting me to this issue  :thumbs:
- Ovid Fasti

Offline allyours

• All Yours Chat
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 08:14:38 PM »
So does that mean I can go back to java.com and get the latest? The developer from our other chat was planning on a fix within the next update there. Seems there was a problem with the CSS and the new java 6.

Will give it a go. :)

Where friends make new friends

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 08:16:08 PM »
Yep you can upgrade to version 6 again :)
- Ovid Fasti