Author Topic: New features and bug fixes  (Read 7852 times)

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
New features and bug fixes
« on: July 04, 2006, 03:45:39 AM »
I have today upgraded the shoutbox system with a few new features as well as bug fixes.

First the bug fixes:

• - Users with shoutbox in iframe setting turned "on" were counted twice. This has been going on since the early beginning of the shoutbox service, and was probably never found by the previous owner. The bug has now been fixed. However, because all stats  have been counted wrong, i have reset all statistics to zero.
  • - We have a word length limit in place, which was meant for cutting words longer than 17 characters, such as to preserve shoutbox layout in case someone posts abnormally large words. However, this resulted in long links no longer working. This has been solved by programming a new USBC code and way links are handled (see features below).

New Features:

• - I added a small box between "smilies" and "USBC". This box counts the number of characters that have been typed in your message area down to zero. Now your users will know when space runs out. No more frustration of typing a lot, and only a fraction appearing. This number is tied to the Maximum Message Length setting in your admin area.
  • - I added a number of additional USBC codes: A few extra Marquees, a Glow, a Marker and not unimportantly a Linker. You must use this link USBC code to encapsulate any URL you would like to post in your message. If you don't then your url will end up deformed because it will be split after the 17th character.

I hope you like the new features, and hope it will make the shouldbox service better usable :) Feel free to comment here  :bling:
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline wildenborch

Re: New features and bug fixes
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 11:04:20 PM »
Just a short message to inform you that I very much like the new improvements!

Offline Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 08:20:23 AM »
wow man a little late :cool2:

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 08:27:29 AM »
Late or not, compliments are always welcome  :wink:
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline wildenborch

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »
wow man a little late :cool2:

well.... I gave a compliment!  ;)
Of course I had to check the improvements on stabitlity etc. before I could make a good judgement of them.... :)