Author Topic: My intro :)  (Read 10958 times)

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
My intro :)
« on: October 17, 2005, 06:13:06 PM »
This introduction won't be as lavish as my esteemed colleague Fixato's introduction  :clown: , but

My name is Adonis (real name Jeroen). I first started with IRC in June 1996 on the Undernet, where i have had a multitude of nicknames. I think my first one was "Picard", from the well known Star Trek: The Next Generation series. I have also used names such as Luciano and DarkLord, until in 1997 i settled for "Cybergates", which means as much as Cyber (Bill) Gates. I think, around that time, I was the only one using that name. I also had plans starting a Network Gaming company with the same name. Unfortunately someone (i don't know who) found out and started a Network Gaming company with the same name. After 2001 I decided it was time to adopt a new nickname. After long consideration, i decided on "Adonis"... after the Greek legends :)

In 1996, i started a small UFO related website called "Picard UFO Research International" (pufori.org), which over the years grew to considerable proportions and was quite well known among groups interested in UFOlogy. Around 2000 i grew tired of the whole UFOlogy thing (too much blah blah and fake stories) and also had problems with several ISP's i had been with to host the website. One day, early 2000 i decided to remove the whole website from the internet. At that moment, the world lost a big source of UFO related materials. I did have plans on returning to the field, but so far it hasn't quite come to that yet. But never say never... i might still return  :bling:

In 1999, i frequently attended the IRC chatroom of the first Big Brother. Near the end of that show, it became clear that the production team did not intend to go through with hosting the chatroom. A lot of people had made friends through that chatroom back then, and it would be a real shame if the community would fall apart. A small group of people decided to create a new chatroom, not managed by the Big Brother production team. It was agreed that I would install an IRC server. A name was not decided upon yet. Unfortunately for me, I was once again doublecrossed. I heard that someone else (with money) already, behind my back, created a similar service and had the original group of people gathered around him. I was technically the last person to hear about this. I decided that i did not want to have anything to do with that group anymore and went on with my plans. Thus, chat4all.org was born in January 2000  :yeah: .

Over the years Chat4all has grown from a near zero user network up to a small, but friendly, network where around 200 persons are logged in at all times. We firmly believe in small but steady growth, over explosive growth.  :tongue:  Thus concludes the Chat4all-History-in-a-Nutshell.  :rolleyes:

About me :) : I live in The Netherlands in a small city called "'s-Hertogenbosch". I have basically lived there all my life. I am interested in, and very active in a several area's such as webhosting and the domainname industry. Those area's are also hobbies of mine :) Other hobbies are reading (Science Fiction), TV series (like: The 4400, Lost, Battlestar Galactice 2003) and movies. I also opened a small forum about TV series:  TVTalk.

Oh ...i can usually be found in chatroom/channel: #Lounge  :tongue:
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline FiXato

• Co-Net-Administrator of Chat4All IRC Network
  • Administrator
  • Dutch Developer in between countries and jobs
    • FiXato.co.uk
Re: My intro :)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 06:36:55 PM »
Funny how things can go huh?
Since I first was an operator on a server which derived from that other server you mentioned. That server had gone through a lot of viru-fights and has been split up atleast twice into different servers..
I myself decided to move to Chat4All.org since the owner of the server I was on, totally screwed up things, scaring people away... and I remembered Chat4All.be/org and the short conversations I had with you and Saya and some other normal members of this network :)
And I must say, it has been a wise decision ;p
In just a month I felt pretty at home here and a couple of months later you all trusted me well enough to become member of the staff ;)
but.. more of this will be in my own introduction ;p

Too bad PuFoRI doesn't exist anymore :)

*shrug*... amazing how a nice network can originate from such an idiotic program like BB ;p

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 08:04:57 PM »
And we're glad to have you as valued member of our team  :bling:

Pufori only exists in illegally copied/ripped pages which still can be found on the internet, and my own backup  :P
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Siiw

• Helper
    • Ceeia
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 11:28:35 PM »
Hi, Adonis!  :bye:

I have to agree with FiXato about big brother, though... :P

See you from the phone!

Offline BedBugZ Nest

• Caffeine Rules!
    • BedBugZ Nest Of Noise
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 12:25:13 AM »
pssssT - adonis! am back! like the new msg board!!!! glad ya got that .com thingy too! aint it great!
Don't make me violate my probation!

Offline Nescio

• Nomen NesCio
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 04:04:05 PM »
Still think I have to reply
Why?
Don't have an answer.
Liked your story Mr. Nice Guy

(wasn't that AdoNis?)

echo, question, can you anywhere explain your latin subtitle, please?
NesCio

btw, think can't stay away anymore?
so if anybody aks me
i'm preparing my B5

« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 01:58:32 PM by Nescio »
* Luck is where you find it and most unlikely there where you search for it!*

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 04:09:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Piet :) When are you going to post an introduction?  :P  :shutup:

My subtitle reads: "Time flies and we fly along with it" :)
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Nescio

• Nomen NesCio
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 04:34:17 PM »
Hi Adonis
tnx for the welcome and more tnx
for translating the subtitle
because you aks me........
I'll end with

tuti io, tuti penis

]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 01:59:15 PM by Nescio »
* Luck is where you find it and most unlikely there where you search for it!*

Offline fabulous

• Fabulous
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 05:27:26 AM »
Hey Adonis.  :bye:
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For...

Offline jeroen

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 11:36:36 PM »
thanks for your  welcome  adonis   ore jeroen  hehe the same name   nice  hope to see you some times again on the chat   byeeeee

Offline Rafe`

• http://
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 05:39:21 PM »
Oh you are that annoying admin from Chat4all ;)
[] Oh Captain , my Captain []