Author Topic: Email Issues  (Read 5181 times)

Offline Spice

Email Issues
« on: January 31, 2014, 03:53:44 PM »
I just got this pm from a member on my forum:
Thje girls used one of my old emails and was excepted we even got a validation email we hit the link to validate , and as soon as we did that all my emails have been locked out of your shout box. Seems like this site is only interested in gaining emails for some reason. i cannot get in to it using my account that have nothing to do with the other accounts, i went to post and i got username not valid and got kicked. you need to contact the chat people and demand my emails get deleted please as now i have PC PROBS. THROUGH THERE DNS and mine

Can you please advise?
Thank you

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
Re: Email Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 11:35:29 PM »
Hi Spice,

Can you be more specific as to what the problem is exactly? It is not clear from what you posted.
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Spice

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 11:51:52 PM »
That is the exact pm I got from him.
I use a mybb forum which normally doesn't allow for duplicate emails. He and several of his kids all use the same email so I was able to change permissions for my forum to allow for that.
Now my shoutbox is only for registered members. He registered for the shoutbox and had no problem, up until his kids decided to register as well. It was then he sent me that pm. I'm wondering if because they all share the same email accounts but different user names if there isn't some conflict.  He is in Australia so the time difference makes it difficult. Hopefully I will have some more news when I log into my forum tomorrow morning.

I am going to send him a pm, asking him to register again and see if he still gets locked out and I will probably get back to you with this again sometime tomorrow. Sorry I can't be more specific but that's all I had to work with from his pm.

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 12:31:11 AM »
Unfortunately it is still not very clear. iShoutbox used to allow for people to register multiple accounts on the same e-mail address, but the shoutbox update I released, I think in 2012, checks for duplicate e-mail addresses for new accounts because it was widely abused. This means that new accounts always need to use an e-mail address that is not yet used on the same shoutbox.

Please ask him to provide a detailed description of the problem he is having, what shoutbox he has a problem with, what nickname, and what e-mail address. If you have that information, then please open a support ticket at http://support.chat4all.net (or better, let him open the ticket), because e-mail address info should not be posted on a public form :)/

- Ovid Fasti

Offline Spice

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 02:06:34 PM »
Hi Adonix. This is the message he is getting today:
Shout Box Message i am getting
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, jeroen@wierda.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at spicescoffeehouse.ishoutbox.com Port 80

As far as i know he was attempting to log in, probably around 5:30 am MST

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 08:34:47 PM »
I have checked your shoutbox, and there are no duplicate e-mail addresses in there. The error you posted, usually means that either a code error was found, or the server timed out during the request. Unfortunately i do not have enough information to investigate this. What would be helpful is:

- which (registered) user is having problem

- what was he trying to do when he received that error

- what is his ip address (pm me that info instead of posting here)

It is still not clear to me what his problem is. In the first 2 posts you were talking about e-mail problems, while the error you showed is a webserver error.
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Spice

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 11:01:12 PM »
Thank you Adonix. I don't mean to confuse you. The first was related to email but the second wasn't. I suppose I should have started a new thread in regards to that. My apologies.

As stated when he began to have the issues above I deleted his account. I asked him to try register again. He did and that is when he sent me the pm about webserver issue. I made sure to post that members were not to try logging in with the same user name and password that they are using on the forum. They have to sign up first before they can login. But sometimes it's like flogging a dead horse. He was finally able to get in. I shall pm you with his info.

Thank you for all the help. :)

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 12:44:38 AM »
The ip you sent could not be found unfortunately. Is he still having the webserver error, and if yes, when does he get that error? (during login, or posting, etc).
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Spice

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 10:08:03 PM »
Seems all is well for the time being. Thank you for trying to help. :)