Author Topic: "Token is not correct"  (Read 2944 times)

Offline bluedino

"Token is not correct"
« on: January 22, 2014, 04:35:39 AM »
I and five other users that i'm aware of have gotten this message multiple times and it prevents us from using the ishoutbox until we refresh the page several times. Sometimes it only takes once, sometimes it takes many times. My users are complaining about it. Is there anything I can do to fix this? We use both Chrome and Firefox.

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
Re: "Token is not correct"
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 10:30:08 PM »
Hi,

The "Token not correct" message is a security feature that, every time someone posts a shout, the token that is sent with the shout (via a hidden form element), a check is made to see if that token is equal to the one that is stored in the user's session. If it is not, it is likely that either someone tampered with the form, or it is some kind of spam bot.

I have heard this question before, and since i cannot reproduce the errors on my end, i have now implemented something to log these kinds of errors. Maybe that will get me closer to why some people seem to get these errors.

Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
Re: "Token is not correct"
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 02:56:56 AM »
I was able to reproduce, and log, it when i opened two of the same shoutbox urls in the same browser/tab. I made a small change so that all tabs of the same browser share the same token for the same url. Hopefully this solves the problem.
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti