Author Topic: Shoutbox continuously loading in ie9 AND 11  (Read 5860 times)

Offline Rebel

Shoutbox continuously loading in ie9 AND 11
« on: August 12, 2015, 02:15:04 PM »
As the title says, the shoutbox fails to load in ie9

I've enabled activex controls and plugins, also active scripting, Java applets etc. Works fine in every other major browser.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 09:18:42 PM by Rebel »

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
Re: Shoutbox continuously loading in ie9
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 09:13:57 PM »
Hi Rebel,

This looks a lot like the issue I had with during development IE8, for which I made a code exception (disabled some javascript functions for IE8).  Sometimes if there are javascript errors, execution of any javascript will be disabled, which prevents the shoutbox from functioning. I have no IE9 here, so maybe you can see if you get javascript errors when you load the shoutbox. If there are errors, can you post them here?
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Rebel

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 12:52:16 PM »
I don't get any errors, just the constant "Loading Shouts".

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 03:31:23 PM »
It took a while, but i found out that Microsoft offers free virtual machines with all major IE versions. I downloaded the one for IE9, and found that it does load your shoutbox without any errors. See the attached screenshot. Maybe you have some Internet Explorer settings disabled or restricted, like javascript.
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Rebel

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 09:18:21 PM »
Thanks very much Adonix, it's good to know that others can view the shout box.

It's certainly my settings somewhere! Not sure where though, just deleted ie 9 and downloaded and installed ie 11 BUT... It's still the same "Loading"...

Signed ActiveX controls are enabled, Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins enabled and Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting enabled. Enabled Active Scripting and enabled Scripting of java applets.

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
Re: Shoutbox continuously loading in ie9 AND 11
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 10:06:03 PM »
If it also happens with newer IE versions, then it can't really be anything other than some configuration issue. If you have a computer capable of running virtual machines, you could download the one with IE9 from the following location, and compare the settings:

http://dev.modern.ie/tools/vms/windows/
- Ovid Fasti