Author Topic: Transparent Background  (Read 6845 times)

Offline remusasriel

Transparent Background
« on: June 11, 2012, 09:05:04 PM »
Hi.

Firstly, I'm very impressed with iShoutbox so far. xD

However, how do I change the shoutbox's background colour to transparent?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
Re: Transparent Background
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 07:27:45 PM »
Hi remusasriel,

This is something that is on the todo list, as someone else asked for this as well a while back. In the mean time you can fix this by adding your own css in the shoutbox header (see admin panel). The code for that is:

If you selected the "complete" shoutbox during registration, there is already some custom css in the header, just replace it with this one:

<style type='text/css'>
.cell1 {
        font-weight: bold;
}
body {
   background-color: transparent;
}
</style>

If there is no custom css in the header, you can use this:

<style type='text/css'>
body {
}
</style>

What this does is make the body that surrounds the shoutbox transparent, not the shoutbox itself. If you want other elements of the shoutbox transparent, then you need to add additional css values for other elements like .cell1, .cell2, .cell3, .cell3b, .tablebg, .table2. You can experiment with the elements to see what works best for you.
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline remusasriel

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 07:32:50 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 07:36:51 PM »
You're welcome :)
Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Rekoboy

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 09:23:08 AM »
I do apologize for posting on an old post, but i'm confused and desperate after a few weeks and installing 2 ishoutboxen.
The first box I installed on April 3. Then I tried to change the skin a bit, and wanted to make it transparent. But could not get this done. Then I found this topic yesterday. You talk about complete shoutbox? There were choices?
So yesterday, I registered another ishoutbox for my 2nd website, but didn't find a choice for an complete shoutbox.
I could only reg and got the code and the shoutbox is running.
Again I went into the admin panel to change the skin, but can't figure it out where to make these cells transparent.

I can't find the css (only the head and bottom css, but putting in the code you gave us did not make the cells transparent).

Does this mean that we admins "must" write a css code ourselves and put it in the head section?
I'm not a programmer or how do you call someone who can write css. I can't :(

Hopefully you answer my post.
Tnx in advanced.

Hi remusasriel,

This is something that is on the todo list, as someone else asked for this as well a while back. In the mean time you can fix this by adding your own css in the shoutbox header (see admin panel). The code for that is:

If you selected the "complete" shoutbox during registration, there is already some custom css in the header, just replace it with this one:

<style type='text/css'>
.cell1 {
        font-weight: bold;
}
body {
}
</style>

If there is no custom css in the header, you can use this:

<style type='text/css'>
body {
}
</style>

What this does is make the body that surrounds the shoutbox transparent, not the shoutbox itself. If you want other elements of the shoutbox transparent, then you need to add additional css values for other elements like .cell1, .cell2, .cell3, .cell3b, .tablebg, .table2. You can experiment with the elements to see what works best for you.