Author Topic: Random Space in Shouts  (Read 4911 times)

Offline Tom.B

Random Space in Shouts
« on: May 18, 2014, 11:39:28 AM »
Hi again,

I've been wondering why there is a random blank line in shouts. This is what I mean:

It's very annoying, and takes up a lot of space in the shout box. Is there a way to get rid of it?

Offline Adonix

• Administrator
    • Chat4all
Re: Random Space in Shouts
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 03:34:19 PM »
Hi Tom,

I added this blank line as a separator between the shout and the time/date below the shout. It is not there if you remove the time/date from the shouts. If you remove the blank line, the text of the shout and time/date would be confusingly close to eachother. However, i'm considering to replace the blank line with an admin setting in a future shoutbox update.

Tempus fugit et nos fugimus in illus
- Ovid Fasti

Offline Tom.B

Re: Random Space in Shouts
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 04:08:29 PM »
Hi Tom,

I added this blank line as a separator between the shout and the time/date below the shout. It is not there if you remove the time/date from the shouts. If you remove the blank line, the text of the shout and time/date would be confusingly close to eachother. However, i'm considering to replace the blank line with an admin setting in a future shoutbox update.

I think it'd look fine in without the line tbh. I still want the time/date so I'm gonna leave it as it is, but in an update, can there be the option to remove this?